on May 21, 2021
from Ridgecrest, CA
Last updated on Jun 09, 2021
Today a major update to Lookaway CMS has been pushed to a branch named “release_v1_candidate”. This site will be using the release_v1_candidate branch until version 1 is pushed to the master branch.
*** IF YOU MIGRATE TO THIS BLEEDING EDGE BRANCH FROM MASTER, ENSURE YOUR SETTINGS.PY MATCHES THE CHANGES IN THE PRODUCTION OR DEVELOPMENT SETTINGS TEMPLATE FROM THIS BRANCH***
The last few months have been spent implementing features and refactoring code. Much time was also dedicated to building and using internal testing tools. The programmatic tests included with the repository were not updated this release.
New in this release
• Lookaway Apps now have AppProfiles which allow granular customization to the look and feel of each individual app. A few of the things that can be customized without touching code:
◦ Titles and text on landing pages
◦ Add content sections
▪ on landing pages
▪ on profile page
▪ Supports image, text, video, link
▪ Change the text
▪ Use images instead of text
◦ Background images
◦ Banner images
◦ Pagination and list lengths
◦ Toggle content display
◦ Choose between open source and proprietary media transcoding
◦ Choose which CSS file is sourced
◦ Add messages in the footer of every page
• A Tag search bar will now appear on the main landing page (if toggled).
• Members can now create ResponsePosts to respond to any pubished content on the site. The top ResponsePosts will be displayed on the detail page.
• All public pages now use SEO friendly and contextual titles and meta descriptions.
• Content titles no longer need to be unique. If a type of content is created with the same title as an existing model instance, then a unique time-based slug is generated to avoid name collisions.
• Member roles are now initialized by default.
▪ Every member assumes the Member role upon registration.
▪ Members can create and publish Posts and Responses.
▪ Contributors can upload Images, Sounds, Videos, Code, and Links.
▪ Writers can create and publish Articles and Stories
▪ Artists can create and publish Visuals and Galleries
▪ Musicians can create and publish Tracks and Albums
• All detail views (except Objects App models), landing pages and profile page can now display Bitcoin and Litecoin donation public addresses.
• Inline section create buttons will now auto-increment the default value for the “order”field in the CreateFooSection form.
• Objects App models now have an “order” field for more control over the order images, videos, code samples, etc. appear in sections.
• Various bug fixes.
• Forms are more responsive to screen size
• Form submission button will now always appear in the lower right hand corner of the view.
We are close. Real close. Close to opening up registration to the public. With a large member base we will all get to see if the concept really works. I cannot wait to see what rises to the top.
GitHub - kylebruder/lookaway at release_v1_candidate
A quick and dirty CMS for guerrilla publishing and content sharing. - kylebruder/lookaway
Please donate some Bitcoin to our site. We can use it to keep improving the site and open up to more members. Any amount will help. Thank you.
Please donate some Lite to our site. We can use it to keep improving the site and open it up to more members. Any amount will help. Thank you.